From 16 years old on a Moped
From 17 years old on a Motorbike
COVID INFORMATION CAN BE FOUND IN OUR TERMS & CONDITIONS – PLEASE READ PRIOR TO BOOKING AS INFORMATION MAY BE CONFLICTING.
PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU HAVE READ OUR TERMS & CONDITIONS PRIOR TO BOOKING.
Taking part in any training with Think Bike Training you have automatically accepted these Terms and Conditions.
We always encourage an introductory lesson prior to a CBT to allow you to get a feel for riding our bikes.
A CBT is usually completed in one day, and the course covers 5 main elements from discussions about safety equipment through to completing a road ride, all covered with guidance from one of our Instructors.
What do you need?
- Correct age (see above)
- Current UK driving/provisional licence (providing provisional entitlement for moped or motorbike)
- Payment (see below)
- Current Driving/Provisional licence details (available online here)
- Positive attitude towards your day (a bit of banter helps the day flow)
- Bring your own bike and or gear (if you have any).
What do we provide?
- Moped or Motorbike
- Equipment hire
How much does it cost?
(Prices correct as of August 2021)
|Pre CBT Training
(Hour and Half)
|£55 per hour||Just you and instructor|
|Own Bike CBT||£140||As Above|
|Standard CBT||£160||125cc Geared|
|Standard CBT||£150||Scooter 50CC|
|CBT One to One||£280||Just 1 trainee and 1 instructor|
|CBT Enhanced||£300||1hr introduction lesson, CBT,
3 hrs extra road ride @ a convenient arrangement
Additional time to complete CBT if not on the first day £40 per hour
Payment needs to be paid in full within 12 hours of booking, by bank transfer to our account.
Compulsory Basic Training – Five Elements Overview:
- A two way talk between the instructor and trainees about helmets, clothing and equipment
- Introduction to the bike that you will use on the day, including controls, what daily and weekly checks you will need to perform, and how to manually handle the bike as well as correct usage of the stand(s)
- Learning how to handle the bike in different situations, including basic controls, riding around obstacles placed by the instructor in a safe, secure environment.
- Classroom talk about what to expect whilst out and about on the public roads.
- Road Ride. This should be a minimum of two hours out on the bike, learning about different situations that may arise whilst you’re out on the road on your own.
Own Bike CBT
As per a standard CBT using your own Bike. You must be able to produce valid MOT and Insurance details.
Own Bike CBT Renewals
As per a standard CBT Renewal using your own Bike. You must be able to produce valid MOT and Insurance details, and your current CBT must still be valid.
Think Bike Training accept no liabilities in the case where your own bike is used. Please ensure your bike is in good working order, and that the relevant documentation is available for viewing prior to any instruction. Think Bike Training reserves the right to refuse training on your own bike if it is believed that it is not roadworthy, or the relevant documentation is not correct. This may result in a loss of any deposit(s) made.
CBT One To One
A one to one CBT with just you and the Instructor, allowing a more intensive experience.
CBT Enhanced Package
- 1 Hour intro lesson geared or automatic.
- CBT (As above)
- Enhanced Training
This package will give you an extra 3 hours on the road, highlighting many situations you may come across. This will improve your general riding ability, increase your confidence and help you along the road towards biking.
Ridefree: new online motorcycle training to improve road safety
Ridefree is a free online training course that you should complete before taking your moped or motorcycle compulsory basic training (CBT).